One thing I’ve really struggled with in my relationships is the ability to love myself first, and really owning my value and self-worth.
I’m constantly going back & forth between feeling super confident, loving and independent – and being needy, jealous and insecure. The difference is SO distinct, I actually refer to them as two separate states of being:
The WOMAN is confident, in touch with her emotions, logical, sensual, brave, and knows her worth. The LITTLE GIRL is insecure, indecisive, anxious, fearful, lives in past hurts, and needs constant validation.
What I’ve realized is The Little Girl tends to surface when I’ve been neglecting the habits and actions I know I NEED in order to keep my proverbial “cup” full and happy:
- Some kind of movement and fresh air at least 3-4x per week
- At least 6-7 hours of sleep at a reasonable hour
- Mindful eating
- Making sure I’m productive at work
- Taking actions towards my dreams/goals
- Taking actions and having honest conversations when something is bothering me
- Keeping my home/environment organized and clean
- Having a creative outlet/nurturing my craft(s)
- Connecting with my community and the people I care about
- Having enough reflective downtime
- Making sure my partner and I are connected and spending quality time together
The list goes on!
I realize that no matter how amazing, patient, and incredible my partner may be, or how often he says the right things, I am only TRULY capable of allowing him to love me to the extent that I love myself. It all begins with me, myself, and I.